Tuesday, January 10, 2012

June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012 has new meaning for me this year. It is already a special day because it is my SIL, Abatha's birthday. This year, another Odom child is due on this very special day! What a blessing! To say we are excited is an understatement. As with other two, I have been a bit "under the weather" for the past 8 weeks, but I am slowly starting to feel more about myself. I love detecting our new little ones' flutters, and at this point, I am enjoying my growing gut!

I write this post on the brink of another sentimental day for me. This past summer, David and I miscarried our third child, who would be due this week. Oh my, I actually said it out loud. For different reasons, I haven't shared this with many people. I think mainly it is because I felt like I did something wrong. That somehow this was my fault. I should be able to fix this. Oh, how the Lord has taught me so much through this emotional roller coaster. Though its hard to put into words, God's comfort, peace and sovereignty has carried my through.

So, I celebrate this week with the simple reflections on our sweet baby #3 and look forward to meeting the next little Odom in June!

1 comment:

Followers