For those of you who know me a bit, you know I can be on the opinionated side. I have been known to stick my foot in my mouth a few (too many) times. We have made some changes recently in our family, and they are things I thought we would never do. So here are a few things in my life where I said I would never...
1. Drink Diet Coke. It all started in college. My freshman roommate drank Diet Coke, and I swore I would never drink that stuff. Well, for the past 10 years, I am one happy girl if I have a cold can of Diet Coke.
2. Marry someone with hair on their chest. Needless to say, the love of my life may be known to have a few hairs on his torso.
3. Let the kids sleep in our bed. Though this isn't a nightly or weekly occurrence in our home (the boys share a room), I do love when Noah wants to come in our bed early in the morning to cuddle or Gavin calls out for me to come lay by him those last few minutes before we start our day. I know this won't last too much longer, so I love every minute of it.
4. Shop at Aldi. I swore I wouldn't be one of those shoppers running from store to store getting the best grocery deal. Well, once I started shopping at Aldi, I am addicted. They have great (usually consistent) prices. Just remember to bring your own bags and a quarter for a buggy!
5. Cut off our cable. David and I have had cable for our entire marriage. Well, God has been tugging at my heart for over a year to cut our cable and last month we did it! It hasn't been easy (the kids don't know life without a DVR), but as with anything, we will grow accustom to it soon enough.
6. Drive a minivan. Did I just admit that? Do I really own a minivan? This has definitely been the hardest one to swallow. Our Navigator gets horrible gas mileage, so we knew we had to make a change. Lord willing, we hope to have more children, so a minivan was the best and most economical option. This car is not the love of my life, but I love its practicality and usefulness.
I am sure there are many other things I have changed my opinion on over the years. Though there are many absolutes in my life, such as I will always stand firm on God's word, Pepsi is disgusting, and I will never root for the SC Gamecocks, I have realized that sometimes my opinions are a bit unfounded and prideful. So, what things have you said you would never?
Seriously cannot wait.............
2 hours ago