Monday, June 20, 2011

The Drums!

On Thanksgiving night of 2010, my dad, mom, and I headed out to Toys 'R Us for our first Black Friday shopping. To say that we had a great time is an understatement. Though we waited for an hour to get in and an hour to check out, we found some great deals. On top of it all, my brother had sent us a few texts during the night to let us know my sweet niece would probably be arriving shortly. I say all this to say, I was experiencing a little euphoria along with a bit of sleep deprivation, so I wasn't making the best judgement decisions that evening. A perfect example of this is the drum set I let my parents buy, so they could tuck it away for Noah's birthday! Oh, they were half off and Noah does love to play the drums, but what was I thinking???? I mean, before these "real" drums entered the picture, I had Noah using drum sticks to play on soft, quiet pillows!
Noah was ecstatic when he opened up the drum set. Of course, David set it up immediately and the drumming began. He does have a natural touch, so he isn't necessarily banging on them like I expected. (His little brother, on the other hand, has a thing or two to learn!) It is the constant noise that led me to come up with "drum money". Yes, both the boys get their drum money in the morning and once they have spent it on playing their session, the drum sticks are put up. It is working so far!

Anyways, I really am glad that Noah got this instrument because I do think he has natural musical ability woven into to his DNA. Hopefully the novelty will wear off just a bit, so that the constant noise doesn't drive us (or our neighbors) crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers