Sunday, November 6, 2011

My First Pinterest Project

I am sure that many of you reading have taken an interest into Pinterest. For those of you who haven't, it's a website filled with various DIY projects, great recipes, decorating ideas, etc. It can be quite overwhelming and time consuming, but also provides some neat ideas for those of us on a budget.

I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to the boys' art projects, coloring pages, schoolwork, etc. I just can't throw any of them away and my refrigerator can't hold all of the stuff they bring home. So, I found a few neat ideas on Pinterest to solve this problem and melded a few of them together to make my own display wall. Here's how I did it...

I started with nine 8x10 wooden frames from various thrift stores. I think the most expensive frame was $1.99, but most were around $.99.
I sanded each frame, and then I painted them with a paint I already had leftover from our bathroom. After the paint had dried for a day, I put a brown glaze over the frames to create an "antique" look.
Now that the frames were done, I needed to put the burlap backing together. My dad gave me an easy fix. I took the cardboard backing, covered it with burlap, and taped it with some black tape...fancy huh?
Then, I put the burlap in the frame. After that, I stuck a jumbo paper clip at the top of each frame to hold the "artwork". A few of the frames needed picture hangers, so I added those, and that was it! Hanging the frames wasn't extremely easy, but after it was done, I was completely pleased with my Pinterest inspired creation!


1 comment:

Followers