Friday, July 20, 2012

Letting Go

My baby baby baby boy is one month old!  These past few weeks have gone by so quickly!  Levi is a perfect fit for our family, and I've (mostly) enjoyed every bit of these past 4 weeks.  I've also been spoiled rotten.  My mom was with us the week before Levi's arrival and the week after, David's parents came the week of the 4th, and then the boys have been at Cousins Camp #1 and #2 these past two weeks.  So, reality is right around the corner.  It's just the 5 of us now.  I am super excited about figuring out our new normal, but I have to admit, I am a bit overwhelmed about how it will all "work".

I am a bit of a neat freak. I like a clean house and specifically want my toilets to be clean just in case a friend shows up for an unexpected visit!  With our new addition and two rowdy little boys, I know I am going to have to let some of it go.  Cleaning will happen, but it is not going to look the same as it did 2 months ago.  The toys will not stay organized, and though Pinterest has a lot of great ideas, most of them don't factor in the ups and downs of real life.  I'm going to create some sort of schedule, but I am praying that God will teach me how to be content in this moment, regardless if my floors are clean.  I was looking at baby pictures of Noah...it goes by too fast.  God is truly going to have to teach me what this new normal looks like and that it may look different each day...but my toilets will always be clean!


Here are some sweet pics for you to enjoy!


Our sweet little man just a couple of minutes old.
The Boyles made the trek to GA to visit with Mimi and Paka and to meet baby Levi.  A fairly descent attempt of a group photo!  What sweet kiddos!  




Levi looks like an old man in this picture!  This is his favorite way to be held!


Sweet feet!
Peek-A-Boo

My Three Sons
The other group of cousins coming for a visit!







   

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, I have not had a clean house in 13 years!

    After we saw you guys to meet baby Levi (I love him), I told Cassidy that when I first met you, you were only 1 year older than she is now. And you are all grown up with 3 kids now. Time does go by fast. Too fast! Enjoy your kids while you can.

    Just learn how to shove things in the closet and then warn people not to open them. That works great here.

    See you again soon! And I call dibs on holding Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see all of you. Levi is a sweetheart. I am sure your new normal will come soon. It is amazing how God gives us just what we need!

    ReplyDelete

Followers