Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Alaska Part One

Our trip to Alaska was absolutely amazing. It was so majestic and pure. I am going to attempt to trim down the trip to a few pictures. I will post as many as possible on FB in the next couple of weeks. Here it goes...

We began our journey in Seattle. What a great place!
On Sunday, we boarded our ship,
and the eating began!
We spent our first day at sea exploring the ship and...eating!
Our first formal night. Isn't my hubby handsome?!
Ketchikan was our first stop.
We saw totem poles, eagles and lots of salmon. This city also provided the best clam chowder I have ever had! Am I still talking about the food?

The next morning our boat did some scenic cruising through Tracy Arm. Here we saw beautiful mountains and a huge glacier. It was almost hard to believe you were looking at something real. This glacier was absolutely amazing! If you look in the middle of the picture, you can actually see a part of the glacier making its way into the water.

*Okay, that is only half of the trip, and I am running out of time, so I will post on the 2nd half by the end of the week! Hope you've enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers